Welcome to our Memberships Page
To qualify to be a member of your Community Council and to vote in a Community Council election, you must :
- be named on the electoral register for the area
- reside in the Mayfield or Easthouses area
- be 16 years or over
If a member fails to attend for a period of 6 consecutive months then their membership will be withdrawn.
You can be co-opted to serve on a Community Council to fill a vacancy You must qualify to be members of the Community Council; You must be voted on to the Community Council by a two thirds majority; You will have full voting rights
You can be appointed in addition to the membership where there is a need for individuals with a specific skill. You need not be resident in the area and will serve for a fixed period off time, during that time you will have no voting rights.
Ex-officio Members – ex-officio means by right of position or office.
Therefore any Midlothian Councillor, MP, MSP or MEP whose ward falls within the Mayfield & Easthouses area can be an ex-officio member. They have no voting rights and cannot stand for the Community Council.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a member.
Office Bearing Roles
The 5 main roles within your Council are:
- Community Council Chair
- Community Council Vice-Chair
- Community Council Treasurer
- Community Council Secretary
- Environmental Officer
- Planning Officer
Elections to Mayfield & Easthouses Community Council take place on a three yearly cycle. The most recent elections took place at the AGM in June 2022.
- Robert Hogg – Chair
- Michael Hogg – Vice-Chair
- Judy Thomson – Treasurer
- Theresa Morrison – Secretary
- Craig Gallier – Environmental Officer
- Stephen Liddell – Planning Officer
- Brian Martin – Planning Officer
- Sharon Hill – MAEDT representative
- George Jackson
- Tracylee Armit
- Cal Haston